Monday, June 17, 2013

Trying To Stay On Track

I've been trying really hard to stay on track with healthy eating but I'm finding it a lot harder than I'd like it to be. The problem is I really love food, especially sweets. Ice cream is a tough one. I love it and on a really hot day it hits the spot.

I guess the trick is to find healthier versions of my favorite things and not over do it when I do eat things like ice cream. Balance is key. I read a lot of things about health and nutrition and everyone has a different idea of the best way to do it. Some are very extreme and while that may work for some, it's not going to work for me. I have to have a little more flexibility, I have to have variety and it has to taste good, if it's not good I'm not going to eat it. So I'll eat my salads, drink my juices and smoothies and eat the occasional piece of chocolate. I will however try and cut back on the ice cream.

I need to get myself moving too, that is even harder for me. I really don't like to exercise. As much a I hate to admit it I am a bit of a couch potato. It's so much easier to sit and watch t.v. or play on the computer than to exercise. But I'm trying to change that too,trying to do some yoga and stretching. I want to start out slowly and build my way up to something more. If I can just keep myself motivated and not start it and then quit, if I can just keep at it I know I'll get the results I want. I really want to be healthier and have more energy and feel better about me. But I also want to prove to myself that I can do it. This is my goal to stick with it and do what I set out to do.

Hope you're all having a great day and that you accomplish your goals whatever they may be. Enjoy your beautiful world! B. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment