Sunday, June 9, 2013

Breathing Room

Lately we've been getting rid of things, letting go of stuff and it feels so good. I am surprised at what a wonderful feeling it is to release all of the stuff we no longer need. I realize now how much stuff I have held on to just because I thought I should, not because I really wanted or needed them, but I felt I couldn't let it go. What if I need it someday?

I realize I've been holding on out of fear. Fear of letting go. Fear of the unknown, fear of trusting. Then I just realized that I'm only holding myself back, keeping away all that I truly desire by holding on so tightly to things that no longer serve me.

So I made the decision to let it go, to let the universe guide me in the right direction and stop fighting and just go with it. I'm so happy that I did because clearing out the clutter feels good. I feel calmer, more relaxed and I have more room to breathe. It's amazing how much stuff you collect over the years, things you buy, things you inherit and gifts that are given to you. You keep them even after they they are of no use to you and that just clutters up your life. My home feels so much lighter now and we're just getting started. Everyday I find more that I want to get rid of.

I've also decided to think about what I bring into my home and into my life. It is my desire to only buy that which will bring me closer to all that I want out of life. Things that truly bring me joy and help me on my path. I no longer wish to shop on a whim, I will be much more careful about my purchases. My goals in life have changed and things that were once important just aren't anymore. I'm looking closely at everything and deciding if I really want in my life, do I really love it? Does it serve me in some way? If not, out it goes, let someone else have it. It's very freeing to do this, I wish I had done it sooner but I guess I wasn't ready. I'm there now and I'm happy to let it all go.

Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend and have a great night and maybe you can release something that's holding you back. Here's to a bright and clutter free future. B. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment