Thursday, March 6, 2014

What Inspires Me

What is it that inspires me? What excites me and gets me motivated to do something? I took a little time to think about that and  I realized art is the thing that inspires me most. I love art in all it's forms but I especially love paintings and sculptures. I love to paint so I enjoy looking at the work of other artists, it's fun to see the creations that people come up with. The colors, the textures, the use of unusual materials that I would have never thought of.
                                                            Helen Frankenthaler

There are the very well known like Picasso or Van Gogh or those more recent like Frankenthaler and many others that create brilliant works of art today. All unique and beautiful in their own way.They all give me inspiration and ideas for my own creations.

Starry Night- Vincent Van Gogh

I love sculptures as well, it amazes me to see a lump of clay transformed into a gorgeous work of art.This is something I would love to do, to create something beautiful out of nothing.

                                                           
                                                             Tamara Bonet Sculpture

I could spend hours online looking at all the creations these incredibly talented people come up with.
                                                      Sunflower in red- Justin Gaffery

Nature is a great inspiration for art as well. I just take a walk outside and see so many things I want to paint.

Glacier National Park

These are the things that inspire me, that motivate to create art, even if nobody sees it outside my home.It's the creating that's invigorating, actually taking a blank canvas and turning it into a work of art, something to liven up a wall. To make a house feel like home, to make it feel like me. It's much more personal when you fill it with things you created yourself. You're putting a part of yourself up on the wall as well.

I hope your day is filled with beauty and that you discover what truly inspires you.

Much Love, C. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment